Teaching abroad with Erasmus+ #inanutshell
Erasmus+ supports visiting lectureships at European partner universities. Where possible, the development of joint study programmes between the partner universities and the exchange of teaching content and methods should play a role. As a rule, visiting lectureships within Europe last between two and ten days (excluding travel time). The teaching component should be at least eight hours per week.
Requirements for participation:
• You have an approved travel authorization request for your planned stay abroad
• The country of the partner university is not your main country of residence
• Your stay at the partner university lasts between two and ten days (not including travel days). You teach at least eight hours per week or per stay, if the duration of the stay is less than a week
• An application for support may be made at any time, as long as sufficient funds are available
• You are in principle prepared to look after guests from our partner universities at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich on a reciprocal basis
The Erasmus+ mobility grant does not include any insurance cover. Neither the European Commission nor the DAAD accepts any liability for damages resulting from illness, death, accident, injury to persons, loss or damage to possessions in connection with Erasmus+ stays abroad. We explicitly advise you that you must ensure you have adequate insurance covering the private realm.
How to applicate
Please get in contact with us in good time before the beginning of the stay.
Before the beginning of your stay:
• Submit a travel authorization request
• Complete the Mobility Agreement document (.doc) [German version] [English version] and have this signed by the partner university. (Scanned signatures are sufficient.) Then submit this to the International Office.
• We will send you a “Grant Agreement” which will state the level of your financial support. Please return the signed original copy of this document to us. We will then transfer the mobility grant to you.
After the end of your stay:
• Submit the original Confirmation of Stay document to the International Office. Ideally this should be signed at the partner university while you are still there.
• You will receive by e-mail a link to an online questionnaire (EU Survey/Report about your experiences). Please complete this within 30 days of the end of your stay.
• We are happy to receive verbal or written feedback on your stay abroad
Financing of mobility for teaching purposes (STA) within the Erasmus+ framework in the 2020/21 academic year:
Amount per day up to 14 days
Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus
Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary
In addition to these daily rates, travel costs are reimbursed depending on the actual distance between the starting point and destination of the mobility, calculated throughout Europe using a distance calculator provided by the European Commission.
The following amounts will be reimbursed per stay, depending on the distance travelled:
|between 10 and 99 km
|between 100 and 499 km
|between 500 and 1999 km
|between 2000 and 2999 km
|between 3000 and 3999 km
|between 4000 and 7999 km
|8000 km and over